When you’re booking a musician for any sort of gig, you want to be sure of four things:
- Will they provide a decent performance?
- Are they professional?
- Will they reply to all correspondence quickly?
- Will they arrive on time?
We’ve been thinking about this a lot at Encore, and we’ve come up with a solution.
Reviews are commonplace all over the Internet. eBay pioneered the idea of mutual trust through feedback, giving both buyers and sellers total peace of mind when dealing with one another.
More recent examples include AirBnb hosts, who are rated on their cleanliness, friendliness etc. and Uber drivers who must maintain a consistently high rating to be allowed on the platform.
These ratings give both parties an indicator of the experience they’re likely to have, and it’s something that we’re excited to be introducing to Encore.
After playing for a gig booked through Encore, we’ll email the organiser asking how the gig went. In this email, they’ll be asked to provide four ratings:
- Were you satisfied with the standard of their performance?
- Were they prepared and courteous?
- How quickly did the musician respond to written communication?
- Was the musician on time to rehearsals and the performance?
These ratings will place you higher in search results, and will be shown to clients when you apply for new gigs.
Likewise, we’ll email you, the musician, to ask about your own experience and to provide the following ratings for the client:
- Accuracy of listing
- Did rehearsals take place as scheduled? Were you given the agreed fee?
- Did the organiser conduct themselves in a professional and respectable manner?
- Was all information communicated to you clearly and quickly?
- Did the event run smoothly?
These ratings will be available to musicians who apply for gigs organised by this client in the future, so that they know what to expect before embarking upon a new project.
Over time, the Encore reviews system will become an essential component of the music community by helping musicians build strong reputations based on trusted feedback. It will also give musicians peace of mind when accepting a booking by allowing them to consider previous reviews of the client.
Oh, and one more thing.
We know that most of you will have received reviews of your performances from sources outside of Encore, so we’ve added Testimonials. That rave review you got from Gramophone for your debut sackbut album? Stick it here.
To add a testimonial, simply head to your profile page and paste in your quote.
We’re really proud of what our tech team has conjured up over the last few weeks but if you’ve got any ideas for how we could improve Reviews or Testimonials (or anything else on Encore for that matter!), drop us a line at [email protected]. We’d love to hear from you!